Friday, November 6, 2009

Seeking

I was praying today about my future. Like I do A LOT. Anyway, I have been praying about it for a long time, especially these past few months. At the beginning of the semester, I received silence. Then for awhile, He was pressing patience and waiting on Him. Today the message changed! Bear in mind, these messages lasted months, and a new one merits praise!

He told me, "Seek righteousness." What a great message! It involves real action; I'm very excited. And talking with Ell's today (shout out) she told me, "Yeah! Like in Micah 6:8, my favorite verse!" Which I knew, cause I know her so well :) But there is something about timing that our timeless God understands. Anyway, here is that verse:

8He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

I am excited about what He is slowly revealing. I will seek what He has revealed.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading the book of Ruth lately (which I want to talk to you about anyway), and today I was reading some sermons on it and I came across this quote.

    "God is gracious and sovereign even when he is silent."

    I liked it so much I wrote it on a sticky note and have it by my desk.

    It's hard to trust God when you feel like He's not there, but know that He is still quietly working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't write this when I saw it, but this really encouraged me. Also talking with you too. Thanks for the good word :)

    ReplyDelete