Friday, May 22, 2009

To Begin

For the record, I have edited my facebook profile, you know, the part that says 'i will not blog.' Because you see I AM blogging; I couldn't go on being a liar like that. This will be a my place to practice writing outside of my journal. If anything, it will keep it neat and clean in cyberworld.

To explain my title, I am not lost. I find that I brood too much, too often and on too depressing of issues. Dictionary.reference.com defines brooding as "preoccupied with depressing, morbid, or painful memories or thoughts" also "a number of young produced or hatched at one time" however we will just consider the former. At least for the time being. My defense against these thoughts that constatnly plague my all-to-open mind is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am given to cynicism naturally and it comes easily. I find the serious effort in remaining hopeful through it. So you see I am not lost in my broodings, and the negativity the world is willing to hand to me. It is enough for me to know that in the end, regardless of all the shortcomings I see in the world, its people and me every day, God saves.

No comments:

Post a Comment