Monday, October 25, 2010

Who can ascend Your holy hill?


I'm having a hard time not completely going head over heels for paul washer - in a "my favorite person to youtube/podcast/internet search for" kind of way. This sermon titled "Regeneration" is a GREAT sermon on turning from sin to righteousness. I strongly believe the issue of walking righteously, and consequently running away from sin, is a topic that I wish was taught more (with a nazarene background, I know that what he says about wesley is true teaching at least in my church) . It was only until after much difficulty, stubborness, confusion and 'getting swept up with teachings' of every kind in this world, that the Lord has made clear to me that he desires holiness in His children. Washer, in this sermon, touches on this AND MORE (which is why i like it so much) because he kind of zeroes in on the power of regeneration and how as believers, we are no longer under the power of sin! We don't 'love sin' or have to just 'live with this issue of sin' in our lives - but that we are not slaves anymore. Not that we don't struggle with sin, citing 1 John, or free to run amok, but geez, he does such a great job of tying grace and a joyful, holy way of living together. I mostly just feel like praying more after I listen to this man preach - truly preaching Christ.

Verse - Romans 6:16: (Yes, I wish I could make that part stand out any further. Maybe flashing lights?)
Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment